OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
860E383B-CFB1-40F2-9876-5F35BF396904.jpeg

Much happier with this. Looks like the lighting, space for coral and flow will be much much better like this

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Looks similar to the scape in my lagoon. Depending on where you have your power head you will probably end up with some detritus in the center section of the rocks. Not a deal breaker just vacuum or turkey baste the sand to blow anything up into the water column. I may have missed it but I love the RFG nozzles on the return pump outlets. Really breaks up the flow.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Looks similar to the scape in my lagoon. Depending on where you have your power head you will probably end up with some detritus in the center section of the rocks. Not a deal breaker just vacuum or turkey baste the sand to blow anything up into the water column. I may have missed it but I love the RFG nozzles on the return pump outlets. Really breaks up the flow.
Thanks!! Aquascaping is hard! I’m going to put a powerhead on the left front side of the tank facing the cove so I can get good flow all around.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May want to move that rock on the right just a little more center to make sure you have room for an algae scraper.
I’ve tested it and I can get the IM magnetic scraper all around on each side but a fatter Magfloat scraper may not fit. It’s the only rock that would block it so if I do need a larger scraper I’ll move it.

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto top off is also installed. Considering getting a refugium basket by InTank along with a refugium light by Innovative Marine. Here’s a picture of the ATO installed. It’s a Tunze Osmolator 3152

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to add one more AI Nero 3 for the front of the tank as well. One on the back left and one on the right front of the sides of the tank

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! I dig the scape! Very nice!

OP
OP
reefstarterpack

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cut the black backing on the tank it peels off in on piece over the fudge section. I put an old ai prime I had that had a blown uv led on the back glass facing in.
That’s what I’ll do. I was going to run a skimmer but since Eshopps updated their nano skimmer there isn’t one that actually fits in this tank I can find. Plus I feel like a refugium might just be better and more rewarding

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back