Ref planaria eating fish

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem with red planaria flatworms and it is starting to get out of hand. At the moment I have no fish, so I’d rather use fish the flatworm exit. It is a 25 gallon innovative marine lagoon tank. I was thinking to put a six line and a scooter blenny. Any other fish that will really help and be compatible with these two?

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scooter should be enough. They are fantastic. A scooter+sixline should be more than enough.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scooter should be enough. They are fantastic. A scooter+sixline should be more than enough.
Ok. I dipped the smaller rocks into brackish water and got the flatworms off them, but they still cover the rest of the rocks. I’ve siphoned out what I could. So hopefully these fish work. Also would doing a blackout help at all?

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I dipped the smaller rocks into brackish water and got the flatworms off them, but they still cover the rest of the rocks. I’ve siphoned out what I could. So hopefully these fish work. Also would doing a blackout help at all?

I am not sure how long it would take for the blackout to work. You could always just give the rocks a quick dip in fresh water (a 5 gallon bucket should work) and then do flatworm exit. If there are no corals on the rocks then you could use cold water and shock them off.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure how long it would take for the blackout to work. You could always just give the rocks a quick dip in fresh water (a 5 gallon bucket should work) and then do flatworm exit. If there are no corals on the rocks then you could use cold water and shock them off.
Thankyou, butAll the rocks are covered with some coral, and I took out the smaller rocks but the bigger one are puddied into one structure so it won’t work

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back