Refuge and/or scrubber not an option

Lojenn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep a healthy thriving population of pods while using filter socks, protein skimmer, ravenous fish and weekly water changes? Due to room sized restraints Fuge and scrubber are NOT an option. Despite a couple of attempts Im unsuccessfully growing my own pods. I have about 14 empty bottles of various sized pods that vanish as quickly as they are added. Inquiring minds want to know. TIA

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? Depending on size of tank and amount of live rock you can have a healthy population of copepods and just not visibly see them. Additionally what is the goal, if you plan on having a mandarin, scooter blenny, or pipefish you need a healthy population if not there is not a high need for them as you can feed other items.

OP
OP
Lojenn

Lojenn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? Depending on size of tank and amount of live rock you can have a healthy population of copepods and just not visibly see them. Additionally what is the goal, if you plan on having a mandarin, scooter blenny, or pipefish you need a healthy population if not there is not a high need for them as you can feed other items.
Thx for your reply. The tank is 30g mostly macro algae, finger coral and vertical Gorgonia. I'll be adding another Mandrin and Pipefish once pods are well established. Lotsa rock in both Sump and Display. My best chance is try growing pods again. To date it's been a waste of time and money.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back