OP
P

Portallands

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo I wouldn't do prazi unless you siphoned a ton of them first with an infestation that bad. What makes them taste bad is they're toxic. When they die they release all that into the water. They're not a worst case hitchhiker so I'd take baby steps at removal and relax
Yeah there only in the fuge so imma just remove it and then get a wrasse thanks for all of the help!

OP
OP
P

Portallands

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS and SPS corals tend to get crowded by them and end up dying. In this scenario a wrasse is definitely your best friend. Look into the Halichoeres genus. Species like;
Halichoeres biocellatus
Halichoeres leucoxanthus
Halichoeres chrysus
Halichoeres iridis
Halichoeres rubricephalus

Are all good choices for this issue. I would go for 2 of these personally to get the issue over better. If they enter the display they’re going to restrict any new coral additions but if you can prevent that through wrasses you could have a thriving system. Then just remove them by hand from the sump and refugium.
is there something wrong with the Leopard wrasse

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that the same yellow tang you started with?

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Red planaria as stated by others. People saying they can crowd out corals, I don’t believe that’s correct. Perhaps in massively overpopulated conditions but many and I mean many people just deal with them in their systems. They don’t bother coral, especially hard corals. They tend to rest on euphyllia, softies and leathers but they don’t seem to restrict growth of coral. I’ve had them for years and they haven’t been a problem. They are almost as common as asternia and aptasia. Flatworm exit is more likely going to cause problems than the worms themselves. If they aren’t in your display you could disconnect your refugium and treat it, otherwise you can just leave them be if they aren’t bothering you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back