Refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishfinder
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,925
Reaction score
4,544
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I setting up a refugium and about to get my lights from you. My fuge is 35x20x16 tall. Total ~45gal. What do you recommend for lights? Will one H380 be enough? i cant afford 2. Or should I get a couple H80's? Thanks for the help @randyBRS @Ryanbrs
 
I would go with one H380. In their testing, they measured an H380 on a 36x36 and it did great

Skip to 10:15
 
Hey there!

I’d have to agree with @crabs_mcjones on this one. The H80s would be far too underpowered to cover that entire space while at the same time providing meaningful PAR for the mass of algae that will soon grow there. I’d say that a single H380 should work just fine for that space and shoot for mounting between the 12” to 24” height. :)

-Randy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new