Reg :- Nutramar Ova - where can I find it

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for ages now for Nutramar Ova but they seem to have been stopped being produced for a long time.
Can someone point me as to where can I find them ?

I know there are substitutes like Reef Nutrition R.O.E and LRS fish eggs but still am looking specifically for Nutramar Ova .

This is the stuff :- https://www.marinedepot.com/Nutramar_Ova_Fish_Food_100g-NM3151-FIFDFZFSFP-vi.html

If someone knows where I can find, I shall be grateful for the information.

Regards,
Abhishek

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it seems that there is limited availability of Nutramar OVA every 2-3 years. I picked up 6 packs about a year ago from Marine Depot and I'm down to two of them. They seem to fly off the shelf when in stock. If I didn't have my Juvenile Lennardi Wrasse that prefers OVA mixed with mastick as her primary food I'd part with some. Have you contacted any distributors to see if they have any expected in stock timeframes? I know LRS, VO2 and Docs have other forms of eggs but not the same size of the OVA. LRS and VO2 eggs/caviar work well with most fish but it's still not the same. Best of luck locating some OVA.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure nutramar OVA has been discontinued.

Rusalty.com has something similar called ”OVA”. It’s refrigerated in a bottle and not frozen.

You can also try decapsulated brine shrimp eggs (dry) if you are trying to feed a finicky fish

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Highgrade and @bluprntguy .

Well I have tried every possible food from LRS to reef cavier but nothing comes close to the acceptance of Nutramar Ova . I am down to my last pack after having 12 packs and hence looking for it .
Tried contacting everyone but no body seems to be able to tell a timeframe .
Will keep searching .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s confirmed that Nutramar Ova is no more .
I got in touch with quality marine through lots of channels and they confirmed that it will not be back due to license issue in getting lobster eggs :(
I feel the loss of Nutramar Ova worse than when XM and Reeflux 400 watts were stopped .

Regards,
Abhishek

Tim Olson

Love to Learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the springtime when Speckled Trout spawn they carry roe. When I clean one for dinner and it has roe I remove and freeze. I get enough to easily last the year. My fish love it!

Tim Olson

Love to Learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow-up to my last post. I purchased the OVA and my Mandarin Dragonet goes absolutely nuts over it, as well as the other fish. I keep it in the fridge and then target feed the Mandarin, to make sure he gets enough. It is on the pricey side, though, when you factor in shipping. The OVA was $22.95, plus shipping of $29.00, for a total of $51.95. I think it much better than the Nutramar OVA, based on the feeding response.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had no idea it had been discontinued. I have been looking for it for months. My little new guys always loved it!

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow-up to my last post. I purchased the OVA and my Mandarin Dragonet goes absolutely nuts over it, as well as the other fish. I keep it in the fridge and then target feed the Mandarin, to make sure he gets enough. It is on the pricey side, though, when you factor in shipping. The OVA was $22.95, plus shipping of $29.00, for a total of $51.95. I think it much better than the Nutramar OVA, based on the feeding response.
Where do you buy it from

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe talking about this one?

Tim Olson

Love to Learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back