where can i get Urocaridella shrimp

glebblegleb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m setting a 40 gallon reef tank up right now, it’s cycling, i really like the inverts you can get and want to get some Urocaridella shrimp, particular the yellow ones, they’re hard to find and out of stock on liveaquaria and blue zoo aquatics. let me know if you know where to get them https://reefbuilders.com/2013/10/02/cool-crustaceans-reefs-part-2-hovering-urocaridella-shrimps/

IMG_1919.jpeg

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah forgot about that, they have them listed as assorted cleaner shrimp though, so i would probably have to specifically ask for the yellow ones
Tried tagging them to the conversation. I would email and ask.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try asking an LFS to get them, there are relatively few retailers that will stock unusual shrimp, but the importers do get some, so you really need someone with connections to an importer who's willing to ask for them.

Other places you could try asking that tend to have some unusual inverts: Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy and KP Aquatics

OP
OP
G

glebblegleb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try asking an LFS to get them, there are relatively few retailers that will stock unusual shrimp, but the importers do get some, so you really need someone with connections to an importer who's willing to ask for them.

Other places you could try asking that tend to have some unusual inverts: Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy and KP Aquatics
i’ll see what i can do, i don’t really have any local fish stores that specialize in marine tanks. there was one but they’re moving right now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back