Where can I find a low flow 12v dosing pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IPT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IPT

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
571
Reaction score
401
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can i find a low flow dosing pump for my Alk? I found Kamoer pumps and bunch of other ones on Amazon for like $10 or less, but they are all 25ml/min or more. I know my ReefFactory 4 head Pro unit is rated at 7-9ml per min. They must source these from somewhere?

I plan to use the Hydros platform to make a doser. The higher flow rates are fine for Trace elements (and I am using one of those $10 pumps now for this) and probably even Kalk but a slower flow rate seems better to reduce the chances of percipitation with Ca and Alk.

Now that I am thinking about it, maybe I can just set it up to dose like 100 times a day so it doses very small amounts but this is a work around at best. Rather have a low flow dose head.
 
I use cheap, 12v dosing pumps with my Robo-Tank controller, and though they are rated for 70 mL/min, with the controller I can run one for as little as one second (possibly even less), which would dispense just 1.1667 mL of liquid. I don't know how the Hydros controller works, but I would think you could do much the same.

These are the pumps I purchased

I hope this helps!
 
Where can i find a low flow dosing pump for my Alk? I found Kamoer pumps and bunch of other ones on Amazon for like $10 or less, but they are all 25ml/min or more. I know my ReefFactory 4 head Pro unit is rated at 7-9ml per min. They must source these from somewhere?

I plan to use the Hydros platform to make a doser. The higher flow rates are fine for Trace elements (and I am using one of those $10 pumps now for this) and probably even Kalk but a slower flow rate seems better to reduce the chances of percipitation with Ca and Alk.

Now that I am thinking about it, maybe I can just set it up to dose like 100 times a day so it doses very small amounts but this is a work around at best. Rather have a low flow dose head.
This lists .5ml/minute.. :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2365045568...9LnWU2abHgl6NApLY3o353SpYDrdOKFBoChfsQAvD_BwE

The maximum flow rate tested using our store's stepper motor drive board is 0.5mL/minute.
The stepper motor can achieve high-precision quantitative output, but specific research is needed.

Our store's simple driver can support a maximum voltage of 3-5V and can be powered by a single 3.7V lithium battery.
Low voltage will affect the maximum speed of the motor, and the flow rate will be smaller under low voltage power supply.
Stepper drivers need to be purchased separately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new