Regal Angel Compatibility /180 Stocking List

Tanya25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

After about a year of working on a 180 gallon tank, I am finally ready to start adding fish!

This tank is a FOWLR, tied into the filtration of my two year old 135 gallon reef system, so total water volume of about 400 gallons with the oversized sump.

I have a beautiful Red Sea Regal Angel in QT right now ready to be the first to house in the 180 tank. She is about 4-5” in size right now and I want her to be queen of the tank.

After her, I am interested in a Stars and Stripes puffer. Does anyone see any issues with them together?

Then my wish stocking list is:

Several Klein orange butterflies
Racoon butterfly
2-3 Henochious black and white butterflies
Bicolor angel
Pair of clownfish

After the Regal Angel I’m trying to keep it with relatively easy fish that wouldn’t otherwise be reef compatible.

Any concerns on this list?

Thank you for your help!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome, I don't see any concerns. Just remember, fish are people too. You get my drift, every fish is an individual but I can't see any concerns beyond getting the regal acclimated.

OP
OP
T

Tanya25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I happen to have an awesome LFS and the owner has been working with me for weeks on getting the Regal settled in. I know they can be tricky but so far so good. And she is the first one in the new larger tank on purpose to let her get settled for a while before any other tankmates join.

I’m pretty clear on the care for the butterflies and angels, but I have zero experience with puffers. It seems people really enjoy them and I wanted to make sure one of the arothron puffers would be a good fit.

Thank you again for your feedback.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back