Regal Angels and Reefs

It may depend on the type of reef you're keeping. In my experience they love zoas!
 
I was fortunate with mine, he didn't do anything but nip.
 
Chalices, dendros, fleshy brains, and zoas were all on the diet of the ones I've seen in reefs.
 
Old thread, but I thought I'd add my experience in case someone is doing research. I have a juvenile regal in a mixed reef for a little over two months. My SPS have been fine with nothing more than an occasional nip here or there. Certain LPS were picked on more heavily, so I removed my trumpet corals, acans, and trachyphillias very early to discourage the regal angel from getting in a bad habit and dining on my reef! My other LPS such as Duncans and torch corals are never even touched. Also, my zoas have been completely untouched (for now)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new