Rehome or add to tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeSoDo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeSoDo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
308
Reaction score
198
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going all?! Hope everyone had a great week. I have a question that I'm sure y'all can help with since I'm still a novice at this. I have a mated pair of ocellaris clownfish that I've had for 2 years now, a regular orange clown (m) and a black photon clown (f) and 1 2 year old royal gramma. I had them in a 30g hexagon, and removed them last night with the plans of acclimating them to my 65g.

My question is, do I rehome them and purchase new unpaired juvies and a new royal gramma juvie, or do I go ahead and move them over? 65 gallon tank with about 90lbs of rock and a 4" dsb.

Currently, the tank already seems to have a pecking order and the current inhabitants are:

2 bluespotted (false yellow) watchman goby w/1 tiger pistol shrimp
1 flametail blenny
1 tailspot blenny
1 carpenter wrasse
1 ruby red dragonet
1 blue green chromis
1 banggai cardinalfish
1 firefish
1 peppermint shrimp
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
6 dwarf blue legged hermits
4 cerith snails
4 Astrea snails.

They all seem to coexist well together with the larger watchman goby seeming to "run the tank" and don't want to disrupt things. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.
20250414_111759.jpg
 
Either way the clowns will probably take control of the tank eventually. I’d stick with the currents as I hate rehoming if I don’t have to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new