Remembering when I set this baby up ;)

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my dream system.. Ive been in the hobby many years and in Sept. 2019, I set this baby up. 300g Custom Reef Savvy Peninsula 75x42x22 with a matching Custom Reef Savvy Sump tinted glass with an attached ATO 60X36X18. She is a BEAUTY !!!
Screenshot_20220901-133048_Gallery.jpg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my dream system.. Ive been in the hobby many years and in Sept. 2019, I set this baby up. 300g Custom Reef Savvy Peninsula 75x42x22 with a matching Custom Reef Savvy Sump tinted glass with an attached ATO 60X36X18. She is a BEAUTY !!!
Screenshot_20220901-133048_Gallery.jpg
Updated pictures ?
Wet and alive ?

OP
OP
SaJon

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pictures ?
Wet and alive ?
Hey there . I'm getting to the present. I posted a thread back when I set this up but I can't find it, so I'm reposting stuff so I can have it all on here again. I'm shutting her down now due to health reasons and getting ready to sell her at a steal. ;) This is very hard for me so bare with me. I love this hobby but I will stay on R2R to stay in touch with everyone. I just can't physically maintain her anymore.

OP
OP
SaJon

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there . I'm getting to the present. I posted a thread back when I set this up but I can't find it, so I'm reposting stuff so I can have it all on here again. I'm shutting her down now due to health reasons and getting ready to sell her at a steal. ;) This is very hard for me so bare with me. I love this hobby but I will stay on R2R to stay in touch with everyone. I just can't physically maintain her anymore.
Yes it really is. Im in tears posting this so please bare with me. ;)

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad you are unable to maintain it anymore .
I did notice another post about plumbing .
Looks like a beautiful tank alone .
sadly for now the 230 I currently might have to wait for a bigger place .
the tank is taking up most of my living room .
Following along .

OP
OP
SaJon

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway we can assist you keeping the aquarium?
Oh I wish !!! I have permanent nerve damage off my neck after 7 spinal surgeries and I have 2 frozen shoulders from it , I have to be assisted to shower and I rely on my husband to maintain it for me and it's just not fair to him anymore. This is my hobby he helps but it's time to let her go. Thank you so much for even offering. It tears me up just having to walk by my fish room and all I can do is feed the system. ;)

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ways around it . And not putting it all on your husband .

I’m sure there is a local maintenance company to come in and clean the glass ,
A tank that size could benefit from a auto water change station . Feeding the system could be your new part of the hobby .
If we had a idea where you were from , I’m sure there is someone local to help keep you in

OP
OP
SaJon

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are ways around it . And not putting it all on your husband .

I’m sure there is a local maintenance company to come in and clean the glass ,
A tank that size could benefit from a auto water change station . Feeding the system could be your new part of the hobby .
If we had a idea where you were from , I’m sure there is someone local to help keep you in
Awe, you are the BEST for even thinking about it. If it were only a means of maintaining it , I could probably handle that. But it's really Thame fact that I can't do it anymore is what's so heartbreaking. I believe the most dun part about the hobby is hands on. I'm so OCD I dont think I can handle just being able to feed. Thank you so much for thinking about this. ;)

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I wish !!! I have permanent nerve damage off my neck after 7 spinal surgeries and I have 2 frozen shoulders from it , I have to be assisted to shower and I rely on my husband to maintain it for me and it's just not fair to him anymore. This is my hobby he helps but it's time to let her go. Thank you so much for even offering. It tears me up just having to walk by my fish room and all I can do is feed the system. ;)
I’m so sorry to hear about your health. Wishing you all the best. Sounds like your husband is an amazing guy!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe, you are the BEST for even thinking about it. If it were only a means of maintaining it , I could probably handle that. But it's really Thame fact that I can't do it anymore is what's so heartbreaking. I believe the most dun part about the hobby is hands on. I'm so OCD I dont think I can handle just being able to feed. Thank you so much for thinking about this. ;)
I agree with 99% of the best parts are the hands on part .
but …. Once the system is mature the hands on becomes less and less .
or is that lazy reeder syndrome where after 10 years of reefing you get lazy believing it’s finally on auto pilot .
If there was a way to keep someone that loves the hobby as much as I do .
id try anything once

OP
OP
SaJon

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with 99% of the best parts are the hands on part .
but …. Once the system is mature the hands on becomes less and less .
or is that lazy reeder syndrome where after 10 years of reefing you get lazy believing it’s finally on auto pilot .
If there was a way to keep someone that loves the hobby as much as I do .
id try anything once
Thank you , that means you are a good person with a good heart. My plan is once this is all gone , I will just stay in touch and enjoy watching and hearing about others systems. For my mental health, it's just time to let it go. Haven't even gotten around to setting up water station, have the big white buckets but those are sold now. All my equipment is now sold off the 300g , just have tank,sump, stand, Canopy to sell from it. Have a Red Sea Reefer 250 complete setup im selling at a steal too. Time to shut the complete fishroom down. It's been a wonderful experience that I recommend highly. I'd rather it all go to someone that will enjoy it as much as I have.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you , that means you are a good person with a good heart. My plan is once this is all gone , I will just stay in touch and enjoy watching and hearing about others systems. For my mental health, it's just time to let it go. Haven't even gotten around to setting up water station, have the big white buckets but those are sold now. All my equipment is now sold off the 300g , just have tank,sump, stand, Canopy to sell from it. Have a Red Sea Reefer 250 complete setup im selling at a steal too. Time to shut the complete fishroom down. It's been a wonderful experience that I recommend highly. I'd rather it all go to someone that will enjoy it as much as I have.
I’d love to try convincing my wife to upgrade to a 300 gal

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back