Remove pregnant peppermint shrimps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mk3guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mk3guy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
23
Location
Broward County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 peppermint shrimp in my tank, at least two apparently are preparing for birth. I just noticed the eggs last night. Was considering getting a little tank for them, or is this not necessary? I just don’t know if a flood of little shrimp larve won’t get into the pumps and filters, or if they die, wreck the tank parameters? I didn’t expect to be a shrimp grandpa so soon
 
Was considering getting a little tank for them, or is this not necessary? I just don’t know if a flood of little shrimp larve won’t get into the pumps and filters, or if they die, wreck the tank parameters?
You need a little tank for them, yeah - they'll get eaten, killed by equipment, or just starve in the main tank; they wouldn't hurt the parameters at all though.

The link below could help you figure out what to do:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...ns-mediterrane-rock-pool-shrimp-guide.937215/
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new