Remove the buildup in PVC chamber

  • Thread starter Thread starter debug3000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

debug3000

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
20
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to remove serious buildups from the PVC chamber. I am using 5% white vinegar. If someone did similar thing before, can you shine some lights here? Thanks much!

20201223_205346.jpg 20201223_205402.jpg
 
hi,uv?? i would fill and soak overnight with vinegar then rinse good,if not then citric acid would be second option :)
 
I don't have the patience for that. I tend to go the muriatic acid route (outside, with Eye protection and gloves). It'll look brand new in about 2 minutes. I get it in gallon jugs from the pool supply place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new