Renato's 120g reef

How often would you say you get a new head on your acans? Im kinda new, love acans and i purchased one months ago and 2 tiny heads have formed but man they are super slow growers. I feed them fauna marin lps food too.

How the heck do you get such good pics with ur iphone lol. When i take pics with mine everything is distorted from the blue! I have an iphone6
 
How often would you say you get a new head on your acans? Im kinda new, love acans and i purchased one months ago and 2 tiny heads have formed but man they are super slow growers. I feed them fauna marin lps food too.

How the heck do you get such good pics with ur iphone lol. When i take pics with mine everything is distorted from the blue! I have an iphone6
Some grows quicker than the others. I have 4 acan colonies that It grows 3 to 4 polyps a month. They dont have anywhere else to grow. And the heads are huge! I stop feeding them every week. They are growing too fast, and I dont want to cut them. Fauna marin is good, but frozen mysys is much better. I bought a frag at a lfs a month and a half ago. It was two heads, I now have almost 10 heads. Not sure why they grow so fast in my tank. Same thing with zoas. My utter chaos zoas have giant polyps bigger than a penny. I have never seen it anywhere else like this. When it comes to sps's my tank does not do good. They dont grow and always bleach.
I use I phone 6 as well and an Ipad most of the time. It could be too much blue bulbs.
 
What are you dosing? Any trace elements, vitamins, amino?
 
Sunday pic!
A1DD20F5-5BB1-47C0-98D9-50C21D713114.jpg
 
What you think about this?
An acrylic rack to place on the back of the tank using the mag flow. I have a big frogspawn tree that is growing soo much that its taking lots of space on my sand bed. So im going to place it on the back of the tank half way up. The good thing is you wont be able to see the magflow the coral will cover it up.
A224418E-14D5-42F5-BF18-56851E82EF12.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new