OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're cool fish, aren't they!!! It's how I ended up with 14 tanks at one point. They were like potato chips... once you started, you couldn't have just one.

They learn which hand feeds them and they pretty much ignore my husband.... now that I've been gone on vacation for a month, they are starting to beg when he enters the room! Lol!

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're cool fish, aren't they!!! It's how I ended up with 14 tanks at one point. They were like potato chips... once you started, you couldn't have just one.

They learn which hand feeds them and they pretty much ignore my husband.... now that I've been gone on vacation for a month, they are starting to beg when he enters the room! Lol!
Thats funny!

My wife loves puffers, however our 90G is a mixed reef. Someone in another thread mentioned a Toby Puffer. They look like they stay small and would work well in a 29G nano. Would something like a fuzzy lion and maybe one of the bottom/ substrate dwelling fish you mention in this thread work ok together in your opinion? I really like the leaf scorpion. Do you think a couple of the leaf scorpion, a fuzzy lion and Toby Puffer would all do well together? Any others I otta look at?

(I have to get a puffer in there in order for my wife to not kill me on starting ANOTHER tank. HAHA)

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby's are super nippy and lions/scorps are super flown and nippable. I actually would try it in that small of a tank.

Tell her she doesn't need a Toby... there's SO many personable, puppy dog-like scorps that she will fall in love with.

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby's are super nippy and lions/scorps are super flown and nippable. I actually would try it in that small of a tank.

Tell her she doesn't need a Toby... there's SO many personable, puppy dog-like scorps that she will fall in love with.

Are the Valentini puffers the same? If you were doing this, what else would you put with a fuzzy and leaf scorpion in a 29G?

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have a question I have a 35 gallon hex tank I'm thinking about setting back up and doing a pred tank with! We have thought about doing a lion fish but what else would be a good fix in this tank?
I have rock I can put in it along with the sand! I just have to make a better stand to fit a sump in as the small hex stand doesn't have room for anything other then a 5 gal bucket! Hoping to be able to build a stand to fit a 20 gal sump with skimmer! I figure I need as much filtration as I can get! Thanks for the help in advance!

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beautiful fish!!! I've been looking for a yellow fuzzy for quite a few years now. You're lucky to have found two!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this bc it's awesome! :D

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back