Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to start? Tank is amazing!! Amazed your filefish survive so long with larger more aggressive fish! Quick question. Do you still have the pipefish? If so any tips on what you feed?

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to start? Tank is amazing!! Amazed your filefish survive so long with larger more aggressive fish! Quick question. Do you still have the pipefish? If so any tips on what you feed?

The pipe fish have vanished. I have no tips, they were in the frag tank which is loaded with pods and I thought the flow and rocks provided a nice environment for them. But, they vanished.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pipe fish have vanished. I have no tips, they were in the frag tank which is loaded with pods and I thought the flow and rocks provided a nice environment for them. But, they vanished.

Sorry to hear. Your steering clear of Sngels and triggers?

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, no plans for a Trigger. I would love angels some day, but I am not ready to tackle that risk at this point

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As always, I love following your reef, Nathan! Thanks for sharing it!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your OSF! We've been keeping a nice healthy male in our 30g nano over a year and would love to move him over to our new 280g reef, but worried we don't have enough large acro colonies to support his snacking habits.

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped over at Tidal Gardens a couple weeks ago. Than and I decided to do an impromptu live-stream. We are trying to lock down a time to do another live-stream from my house, that should be fun!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, great tank! I caught both your impromptu session with Than and think you guys should do them more often. Great info for relative noobs like myself! I'm totally hooked. 10 years of wanting/waiting has turned into 2 smaller systems inside of 7 months for me. I can thank Than for my finally pulling the trigger after stumbling across a live sale one boring Sunday. Anyway thanks for sharing, I'll be following and eventually get up the nerve to show off my own!

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, great tank! I caught both your impromptu session with Than and think you guys should do them more often. Great info for relative noobs like myself! I'm totally hooked. 10 years of wanting/waiting has turned into 2 smaller systems inside of 7 months for me. I can thank Than for my finally pulling the trigger after stumbling across a live sale one boring Sunday. Anyway thanks for sharing, I'll be following and eventually get up the nerve to show off my own!

Glad you enjoy the tank and videos! My advice to you is to create a tank thread, take and post lots of pictures. You will really be glad you did down the road when you can go back and see the progression and changes of your tank over time!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I will have a bunch of headshots next to my frag tank. Since you came up with the idea I will sign one for you for free. :)

I'll take one too hahaha

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have multiple clowns. Ever have any issue with having more than a pair? I have a pair in my 180 but want to add more.

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have multiple clowns. Ever have any issue with having more than a pair? I have a pair in my 180 but want to add more.

Yep, I had 4 in my display tank for about 2 years, then one day the Naked clown went on a murderous rampage and killed the other 3. So now I have a pair in the frag tank and just the naked clown in the display.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back