Replacement LED for AI Prime 16 HD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcon82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jcon82

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Messages
193
Reaction score
93
Location
North Providence
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two used Prime 16's about 7 months ago. A few months back I started to notice that one light gives off a more purple tone during ramp up/down. I confirmed by placing paper underneath. I understand that this may be something AI would help with if I purchased them under warranty. But I'm looking for replacement LED assemblies for both so I can just be done with it. I checked the AI website and they only offer the lenses and mine are fine. Are the LED's available anywhere?
 
Since these seem to eliminate some channels all together what happens to the AI app? I suppose I'll need to retune my lights after. I just wanted an OEM replacement as I have my spectrum pretty dialed in.
Those are made for the older Prime HDs and not the new prime that have 16 leds
 
I picked up two used Prime 16's about 7 months ago. A few months back I started to notice that one light gives off a more purple tone during ramp up/down. I confirmed by placing paper underneath. I understand that this may be something AI would help with if I purchased them under warranty. But I'm looking for replacement LED assemblies for both so I can just be done with it. I checked the AI website and they only offer the lenses and mine are fine. Are the LED's available anywhere?
First check to see if the lenses have browning. Should be able to see this with the light off.
Next you have all channel control I believe..
See which one doesn't match and don't use it if it is bothersome. More than likely one of the "violets" is aged.
Easiest if you set the intensity to low.

Of course when judging don't look directly at the light.
 
First check to see if the lenses have browning. Should be able to see this with the light off.
Next you have all channel control I believe..
See which one doesn't match and don't use it if it is bothersome. More than likely one of the "violets" is aged.
Easiest if you set the intensity to low.

Of course when judging don't look directly at the light.
Unfortunately not using it isn’t an option. But I will check for browning.
 
I would contact AI support too. They might be able to fix it for a reasonable price.
 
First check to see if the lenses have browning. Should be able to see this with the light off.
Next you have all channel control I believe..
See which one doesn't match and don't use it if it is bothersome. More than likely one of the "violets" is aged.
Easiest if you set the intensity to low.

Of course when judging don't look directly at the light.
whelp I took a look. I run shrouds with diffusers on them so I really dont see them that often. Looks like both lenses are a bit deformed around the center diodes. does this mean the LEDs themselves are damaged or can I get away with swapping out the lenses whenever Ai restocks them?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new