Replacement pieces for union fittings

Reflective

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
355
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to redo my plumbing soon, and I was just wondering if anyone sells replacement pieces for like the Spears True Union Check Valve and the Cepex Ball Valve. I just need the part that had to be glue to the pvc. I'd rather save a couple hundred if I can by not having to buy the whole fitting again.
 
Last edited:
No, this is why I always use threaded fittings when possible. I hate it when I see someone cutting plumbing apart and throwing much of it away when they could have unscrewed the important fittings and reused them over and over. Use PVC pipe and cheap socket/glue male adapters along with threaded valves and other fittings and it is easy and inexpensive to modify.
 
I sent you a PM.
 
No, this is why I always use threaded fittings when possible. I hate it when I see someone cutting plumbing apart and throwing much of it away when they could have unscrewed the important fittings and reused them over and over. Use PVC pipe and cheap socket/glue male adapters along with threaded valves and other fittings and it is easy and inexpensive to modify.
I have some threaded connections (sadly not on the really expensive stuff), but many of them seem to leak. I just use the white teflon tape. Is there something better?
 
Yes. Read my Bulkhead Installation Tips sticky thread, I talk about LaCo PVC thread lubricant. It was developed specifically for threaded PVC. All of the PVC manufacturers recommend products like it and discourage Teflon tape.
 
AzDesertRat...I've offered to give the OP some 1" fittings left over from my true union ball valves, pictured below. I used the threaded fittings that came with them. Here's the question...mine were not Cepex brand, but they look very similar. Do you think they might work for him? I realize you probably can't say for sure, but you're an expert at all this and I'm just...well, not an expert :eek:.

Thoughts?


 
Last edited:
I have yet to find two manufacturers that were compatible with each other. They all have their own design. The only thing standard is the NPT tapered pipe threads.
 
Yes. Read my Bulkhead Installation Tips sticky thread, I talk about LaCo PVC thread lubricant. It was developed specifically for threaded PVC. All of the PVC manufacturers recommend products like it and discourage Teflon tape.
Thank you! Might have to redo my whole plumbing design now.
 
Shark bites have come along way. You can also take them apart and reuse them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new