Replacement XR30 G3 black power brick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brad_95
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brad_95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Messages
354
Reaction score
268
Location
Baltimore, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I managed to misplace my power supply for my radion xr30, and after looking up the specs I think I may have found the correct replacement?


Could anyone chime in and see if I'm right? Trying to avoid buying two whole new lights right now.

Screenshot 2024-12-20 093235.png
 
The corig was 36v 6.1A which is 219.6 watts.
Your 4a is quite a bit lower in power (144w @ 4amps) than the original.Finding the correct plugged Meanwell isn't easy apparently and the cost is around $100.

If you switch "styles" you can get a Meanwell
caged ( not brick) ps for $31.75
PART #: LRS-200-36
Now the xr30 is listed as 215 watts at 100%.
Next size up ( recommended) is $37.80
PART #: LRS-350-36
https://www.ledsupply.com/power-supplies/mean-well-lrs-enclosed
The Meanwell " brick" is
MEAN WELL GST220A36-ET
The available one has an oddball plug ( R7B) but there are adapters as you can see from the attached data sheet.




You'd need to attach cords and match plugs.
Well normally...

This has a 2.1 x 5.5 plug.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cincon-electronics-co-ltd/TR220MA360-01E13-VI/15198391
Here's a cheap 8amp 36v power supply:
Amazon product ASIN B0D78SR4MN
NOTE: I don't endorse cheap power supplies. Make sure you read the reviews.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
The corig was 36v 6.1A which is 219.6 watts.
Your 4a is quite a bit lower in power (144w @ 4amps) than the original.Finding the correct plugged Meanwell isn't easy apparently and the cost is around $100.

If you switch "styles" you can get a Meanwell
caged ( not brick) ps for $31.75
PART #: LRS-200-36
Now the xr30 is listed as 215 watts at 100%.
Next size up ( recommended) is $37.80
PART #: LRS-350-36
https://www.ledsupply.com/power-supplies/mean-well-lrs-enclosed
The Meanwell " brick" is
MEAN WELL GST220A36-ET
The available one has an oddball plug ( R7B) but there are adapters as you can see from the attached data sheet.




You'd need to attach cords and match plugs.
Well normally...

This has a 2.1 x 5.5 plug.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cincon-electronics-co-ltd/TR220MA360-01E13-VI/15198391
Here's a cheap 8amp 36v power supply:
Amazon product ASIN B0D78SR4MN
NOTE: I don't endorse cheap power supplies. Make sure you read the reviews.
Awesome, thank you so much for this! This was a huge help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new