Replacing Fan on Radion XR30w G4 Pro

RhynoNynja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see on the Ecotech site that they sell a replacement fan kit for the XR30w G4 Pro. Has anyone used one of these kits to replace their fan? I searched for videos or tutorials, but can't seem to find anything on the G4. Just curious how difficult it is. Seems like it should be fairly easy assuming they provide instructions, which it appears they do based on the image of the kit in they sell.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to exchange a fan of my G4 a few days ago. you have to go from the top. So first open from below and then remove the top cover. then the fan can be removed. very easy .. takes 10 min.

and hello .. I'm new here :) my name is René, I'm already reading some time here and I'm from Germany ;-)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to exchange a fan of my G4 a few days ago. you have to go from the top. So first open from below and then remove the top cover. then the fan can be removed. very easy .. takes 10 min.

and hello .. I'm new here :) my name is René, I'm already reading some time here and I'm from Germany ;-)

Great first post and a helpful one at that.

Welcome to the best forum there is. You will love it here Rando

RhynoNynja I've not had to replace a fan in my G-4 xr30 pro but have in a couple of G-2's.

OP
OP
RhynoNynja

RhynoNynja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the information. Are the screws on the top T8?

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The process is essentially identical to the older versions. It's pretty easy to do overall. There are 8 screws to open the cover. I forget if there were any screws to deal with on the inside.
Sorry I know this is very old thread, I think I’m having same issue. When you replaced your fan, was it because the fan wouldn’t spin anymore?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know this is very old thread, I think I’m having same issue. When you replaced your fan, was it because the fan wouldn’t spin anymore?
It was noisy when spinning, but I’ve taken them apart a few times for cleaning.

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was noisy when spinning, but I’ve taken them apart a few times for cleaning.

oh Okay, I just purchased an xr30 g4 pro and the fan doesn’t spin at all. The external temp has gotten to 125 degrees F compared to my perfectly working xr30g4 that stays around 80 degrees F. Any suggestions for this fan that doesn’t spin whatsoever ?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh Okay, I just purchased an xr30 g4 pro and the fan doesn’t spin at all. The external temp has gotten to 125 degrees F compared to my perfectly working xr30g4 that stays around 80 degrees F. Any suggestions for this fan that doesn’t spin whatsoever ?
It’s time for a new fan. I assume ETM still has them and can ship it to you.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New unit or used? If used try replacing the fan. If new warranty it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back