Replacing live rock with dead rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter IGROZOAS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IGROZOAS

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2012
Messages
858
Reaction score
200
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just inherited some really nice pieces of dead rock and I want to replace some pieces out of my 57 rimless. How would you go about it and what do you think I should do?
 
I would do one rock at a time similar in size then give a few weeks. Also be sure to cure the rock beforehand. That way it doesn't leach anything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new