Replacing side panel on 360 gallon glass tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMello
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
i wanna hear the update too, how is the tank now?
 
did it hold? I’m doing the same thing at the moment
 
Maybe his 350 gallon repair failed and he left the hobby….
 
Drowning is not out of bounds for this one.
These threads do frustrate me. It is not that a tank can’t be rebuilt or that a patched seam is certain to fail. It is the attitude that facts don’t matter as long as an example edge case can be found to the contrary. Presented as if the general sound advice that is being given is hooey. The “I will ask until somebody tells me what I want to hear” thread.

Sound advice is sound advice and facts are facts. I am sure there are numerous examples of resealed tanks not leaking. There are also plenty examples of failures. Some people have the natural talent and skill to take on a large tank rebuild, but most don’t. A 350 gallon single panel replacement is risky and not something most “handy” first timers should undertake. An LFS owner advising a customer to take such a project on is even more insane.

So yes, A Darwin Award is not entirely out of the question with a tank rebuild this large.
 
Last edited:
Well, I hope you took pictures either way. I honestly hope you were successful and the aquarium is running flawlessly., but I I am also interested to see what 400 gallons of water looks like on a living room floor. The most I’ve ever done is about 75.
 
I'm also interested in the outcome of OP's Side Glass replacement. I would think positioning the glass would be the critical part to get the gaps consistent, so would probably require
 
It seems quite a few people are looking forward to seeing the results. My own 105g tank ran into a similar issue when the front glass panel got chipped and I had to replace it. Of course, just swapping out a single panel would have been much cheaper, but in the end I chose the safer route - taking the whole tank apart and re-sealing it from scratch, all while waiting for the thread owner’s update haha..
but still, hope its going well with him so ppl can follow
 
a Jig to be successful.
The luck of the Irish dancing the Jig!
funny face dancing GIF

😇
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new