replacing the ddr optic sensor with a float switch?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem with one of my ddr sensors and based on what I have red these sensors are not reliable. I have an extra float switch hanging around. sooooooo -----has anyone ever replaced an optic sensor from a ddr with a float switch? is it possible?
i mean the switch is bad anyway so just snip and wire up. seems easy but what wire controls what?

Capture 4.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have some DIY skills, check out this post:

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh nice, i like this DIY i may try it on my other DIY 2 part dosing containers. i would love to be able to see the fluid monitoring on my dashboard. thanks.

but heres my mental plan is to cut the DDR optic sensor somewhere in the line, maybe close to the top of the container. (blur line)
Capture2.JPG

an based on your schematic (great job by the way). would it be possible just to wire a two-wire float switch into the system? at this cut point. where would i wire up wire number 5 ? to the white, red, blue, or yellow? the same question float wire 6? where would it wire up to white, red, blue, or yellow?

snip
Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh nice, i like this DIY i may try it on my other DIY 2 part dosing containers. i would love to be able to see the fluid monitoring on my dashboard. thanks.

but heres my mental plan is to cut the DDR optic sensor somewhere in the line, maybe close to the top of the container. (blur line)
Capture2.JPG

an based on your schematic (great job by the way). would it be possible just to wire a two-wire float switch into the system? at this cut point. where would i wire up wire number 5 ? to the white, red, blue, or yellow? the same question float wire 6? where would it wire up to white, red, blue, or yellow?

snip
Capture1.JPG
For the record, that wasn't my design or my post. I just knew about it and pointed you there as a place to start your research. Unfortunately, I don't have any electronics DIY skills, but I know my Apex programming inside and out! :cool:

Back