Repurpose Marineland Emperor 400

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orbela
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Orbela

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
216
Reaction score
60
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have learned that the main building blocks of beneficial bacteria is the rock and sand which thus become live rock and sand. I have been reading a bit and found that my emperor has no much use other than extra water flow. What can I use instead of the filter cartilage? The emperor has 4 slots two which I use for carbon what can I use the other 2 for instead of filter cartilage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new