Rescape or new tank?

MattHaze95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm looking to either rescape or set up the tank new....
I received a 15 gallon cube from a friend that's been set up for about 8 months now. It's a reef tank with a few small corals, 2 clowns, 1 tuxedo urchin, 2 emeralds, 1 pompom, and some hermits and snails. When I got the tank I set up rockwork without any adhesives and it's unstable. A rescape is needed but im thinking maybe a new tank may better suit our needs. I would eventually get a ~40g. I'm wondering if a rescape is worth the hassle or if getting the new tank and setting it up slowly while the other one runs would just be better and cause less stress on the livestock. If anyone has gone through the same predicament, I'd love some advice!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think either direction has it's good and bad points. Do you really plan to upgrade to a 40g someday? Or is that wishful thinking?

If you really want a 40g tank, what's holding you back?

BTW I have two 40g aio tanks. There is a 40g breeder with local Florida stock and a 40g aio cube that I built and it's all coral and anemones (NO FISH).

You might check out a thread here called "Minimalist Reefers" for tanks that have less rather than more equipment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back