Reseal 220 gal? help

marieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a used 220 gallon tank, it was up and running when I bought it with NO active leaks. The guy I bought it from said it was about 10 years old and might need to be resealed in the future. I really don't want to completely dismantle the tank when it has no leaks. Should I redo the inside silicone without taking it apart or leave it be? There is only one side that I personally don't think looks the best but I need your opinions! The picture of the bottom doesn't show it very well but the top edge is starting to lift a little as well. Thanks

tank.jpg tank1.jpg tank 3.jpg tank4.jpg tankfront.jpg

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never believed that resealing the interior excess silicon accomplishes much of anything. The strength and the seal is between the glass. I would test it but not do anything else unless it was leaking.

OP
OP
marieee

marieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never believed that resealing the interior excess silicon accomplishes much of anything. The strength and the seal is between the glass. I would test it but not do anything else unless it was leaking.
Thank you, I'm thinking of letting it be... I don't want to do a cosmetic interior seal and damage the seal I know is working.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back