resealing a biocube 29 :( help plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lovge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lovge

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
311
Reaction score
11
Location
Western mass
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i been scraping for about 2 hours and i cant seem to get all the previous silicone off. anyone have any tips as to how i can speed this process up? :sad:
 
What part is the silicone on? Plastic, acrylic, glass? Not to familiar with the Biocube.
 
it is on both TBH.. there is a fake backwall made from plastic that has a bunch on the sides im guessing to fill the gap and keep it secure.. im going to carve it deep enough and lay my beed over it since its not a huge concern but the glass bottom and sides i have a large amount of residue. I was wondering if using acetone was ok or will that leave a toxic residue behind?
 
If it's glass try a bit of acetone (fingernail polish remover)...if it's acrylic I am clueless
 
fingernail polish remover is ok?
I have used it in the past...just be sure to give it a good cleaning after so as to not leave any residue....the acetone will evaportate, what gets left behind are the oils and lotions used to help moisturize the skin after removing the polish. If you use straight acetone there is less issue
 
It will most likely frost/burn any plastics it comes in contact with, so only use it on the glass
 
note to self.. do not reseal biocubes lol.. ok almost set but this is a real nightmare
 
No it just got me high. I gave up and will start scraping again. Its close to resealing time. Kinda bummed i dont have black silicone I but it is what it is ;)


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new