Resealing a tank

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
259
Location
Seymour CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know where to post this as I know I shoudn't do this myself or even think of doing it at all...but I want to ask for the sake of asking.

Someone is selling a 200DD, tank, stand and canopy for super cheap...but alas...the catch...

The bottom panel is cracked...

What do you think it would cost to have the panel replaced?

Again, more of less just curious and seeing if its remotely possible.
 
If its a DIY, its the cost of the glass, and the silicone. Then the time it will take to remove it cleanly. I'd do it if the price was right. I think I price out the bottom of a 240g 8'x2' at $170, but that was a few years ago, may be wrong.
 
He wants 400 for tank, stand and canopy. I've never done anything like this. I'd be very nervous to do this myself.
 
I could just get the tank for $150...

I'm just curious how hard it would be to redo the bottom glass...
 
I'd try for 200 with all of it worst case if repair goes bad you got stand and canopy to sell or already own and find a tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new