Resealing a used tank

FishtheShark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
East Central
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests, I am considering resealing a used tank I recently picked up. It is a Redsea 525xl. Not sure the age of the tank but I am aware there has issues with leaking. My question is whether I should just fill the tank and monitor for leaks for a week or so, or just go ahead and strip and reseal. Obviously the latter is the safer option, just wanted to know others’ thoughts on whether it’s worth the trouble or a leak test would be sufficient.
 
As the title suggests, I am considering resealing a used tank I recently picked up. It is a Redsea 525xl. Not sure the age of the tank but I am aware there has issues with leaking. My question is whether I should just fill the tank and monitor for leaks for a week or so, or just go ahead and strip and reseal. Obviously the latter is the safer option, just wanted to know others’ thoughts on whether it’s worth the trouble or a leak test would be sufficient.
If the glass is good with little to no scratches, I would strip it down to individual pieces of glass, clean up the edges and re-seal it.
Otherwise I wouldn't touch a Red Sea tank.
 
As the title suggests, I am considering resealing a used tank I recently picked up. It is a Redsea 525xl. Not sure the age of the tank but I am aware there has issues with leaking. My question is whether I should just fill the tank and monitor for leaks for a week or so, or just go ahead and strip and reseal. Obviously the latter is the safer option, just wanted to know others’ thoughts on whether it’s worth the trouble or a leak test would be sufficient.
If the glass is good with little to no scratches, I would strip it down to individual pieces of glass, clean up the edges and re-seal it.
Otherwise I wouldn't touch a Red Sea tank.
That’s what I’ll do then. Tank looks to be in great shape. But I’d rather not flood the house. Thanks for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new