restarting cube help!

London_pico_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I'm restarting a friends cube reef tank and taking it on, i have a 90L tub i can house the fish in but there is a shrimp and goby pair so im not sure how to house the shrimp (pistol ) as im guessing it needs sand, and i was also wandering if the stress of the restart could cause the shrimp goby pair to split up. i may house them in the tub for a week or so just as the tank gets back up and running. i will do a complete restart, new scape etc but will keep the same filter media rock and sand so im guessing the cycling shouldn't take as long. any tips or advice would be great thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I insta-cycled my tank using my existing live rock, some new rock I'd cultivated separately and Bio-Spira (just to be on the safe side). So depending on how quickly you can take down, clean and re-setup the cube - you should be ok. If you can place some small rocks and sand together in the tub that couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
London_pico_reefer

London_pico_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I insta-cycled my tank using my existing live rock, some new rock I'd cultivated separately and Bio-Spira (just to be on the safe side). So depending on how quickly you can take down, clean and re-setup the cube - you should be ok. If you can place some small rocks and sand together in the tub that couldn't hurt.
alright will try that, will do the restart next week, so will update then. Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back