Return pump and head pressure

  • Thread starter Thread starter alp5747
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alp5747

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
16
Location
EU
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a setup where the head pressure is almost as high as the max head pressure on the pump.

My questions is does a lot of head pressure cause any damage on a return pump or problems other than lower flow rate?
 
not that I know of, I ran a pump at max head pressure for 10 years and it never died. It was one of those huge bulky ones I wanna say magdrive?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new