Return pump for my 200 gallon build

  • Thread starter Thread starter richnbowl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richnbowl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
166
Reaction score
4
Location
Mia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a 200 gallon tank in my living room. I am looking at which return pump I should purchase. I was looking at both quietness, as it will be in the living room, and heat as I live in Miami. I have been looking both at internal and external pumps. I will be running 3 radions xr30w led lights and 3 vortech mp40 pumps inside the aquarium. I also wanted the return pump to be hooked up to a manifold which will run gfo and carbon. I was looking at having about +- 1000 gph. I have 2 1" drains which I am going to re-drill to 1 1/2" drains (tank came with 4 1" holes drilled) and I have 2 1" returns which I could always reduce. I will also be running a Bubble King 200 double cone skimmer. All items will be under or around the tank, no room for a fish room unfortunately.

Any suggestions on a return pump. I have been looking at the iwaki's, reeflo, Deepwater BLDC pumps and water blasters. I am up for all suggestions. I currently run an eheim in my 65 gallon and have had great success with it. Not sure if I want to spend as much as a red dragon but I do like buying quality. I do like the the controllable factor of the DC pumps but I could always restrict the flow of anther pump.

I know this is always a difficult topic but thank you for your help.
 
I am running a jebao dct12000 on my 200 its quiet and adjustable. Could also go to the dct14000 if you dont think the 12000 is enough am currently running at 50% power
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new