Returning to the hobby after 6 years away

Seanathon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
57
Location
Lusby
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I used to run a 90 gallon reef tank. Now I’m back with a 28g nano cube that I scored for free. I’m waiting for a few more things to come in the mail and I’ll be setting it up by Thursday this week I hope.

Any tips for a quick cycle? I was thinking of throwing in some display tank worthy macro algae pretty early. I haven’t tried it before.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
That sounds like how my story may end up lol
LOL, what is really funny is with each one I claimed that this would be my forever tank! Life happens and things change and so did my tanks. I will say that I enjoyed every single one of them and most of them I had about 8 yrs each. The 75g was just set up this past Sept. so its a fairly recent tank for me, even though everything in it is older.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new