Returning to the Hobby

Hey everyone! My name is Dave, and I'm returning from the hobby after a long hiatus of about 10 years. Started reefing when I was about 18 or 19 while working at a local shop here in Hampton Roads. Got involved with the local scene and co-founded the Hampton Roads Reef Club, which I was active in until I joined the Navy in '07.

Been off and on with reef tanks over the years, was active on Reef Central around 2012 or so. Had a monster 200+ gallon system, then got orders to Korea so I had to break that one down. Been out of the hobby for about ten years after that point!

So anyways, I'm excited to see what has changed, and what has not. I see LEDs have become pretty ubiquitous, and a lot of Chinese manufacturers are making some pretty reliable stuff now.

Will post a build thread soon... just finished my water mixing station the other day, and I'm eyeballing the Ultum Nature Systems R90. SWMBO says nothing over 100 gallons.... for now... 🙃

20260101_135214.jpg
Welcome back! I just returned to hobby after a long hiatus as well! Left in 2011/12.

I just ordered R90, looking forward to its arrival! I really like how well thought out the sump/stand is on them. What about the R120? It’s a ~90 gallon display?
Oh yeah, i was originally on the R120 big time... but that got vetoed really quick. An extra grand, extra rock, extra lights... adds up quick and I'm maxing my IRA lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new