Reverse Blue Hippo Tang

josh childs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
306
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just got my hands on an 8 inch reverse blue hippo! I was curious how much these retail for. I have never seen one in person prior to getting this from a local who is downsizing. I am in love witht his tang. He is almost all black.

IMG_1853.jpeg
 
Hey guys first time posting for me. I recently posted a photo of my mostly black hippo tang on my local saltwater FB page and someone mentioned I should put it on here. I am curious your opinion... I bought this fish as a tiny (less than an inch) hippo tang and he is now around 2 years old. Do you think it’s a cross bred tang or the environment he is raised in? Sorry he is tough to catch a great photo.
4066547A-E1BE-455D-9FCF-3FD82165FA53.jpeg
 
Do you think it’s a cross bred tang or the environment he is raised in?

Neither really, it's just a natural pigmentation aberration. It's not that uncommon, meaning it's been documented plenty of times, and it's not always a fixed colouration. In the past I've seen people with a couple of regals that varied the amount of blue and black on their bodies over time as well as seeing some that completely reverted back to normal colouration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new