Review my test results? New fishless cycle.

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new to fish keeping. I started my fishless cycle using turbo start 900 and fishless fuel. Currently on day 2. Does everything look okay? Should I add more fishless fuel?

DB7ABC82-2096-44CD-8BFD-98A2C8567F97.jpeg E0EB8F47-0896-43B2-BB8F-8E48D2E9C66C.jpeg

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salinity is kind of high if you have evaporation you're going to go above the recommended

I guess the fact you have all the tested for stuff in high levels means the stuff you're adding is working.
I wouldn't add more yet. Those are fish killing levels. Ph seems a little low.
Maybe start learning about kalkwasser now. Its super simple.

Watch nitrites and ammonia, when they start dropping add more of your simulated fish poop.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay perfect. Was a little worried about salinity.. and the low PH. I tested my salt water bucket and salinity was the same, but PH much higher (around 8.2). For salinity after the tank cycles and I do a water change I should just add a touch more ROdi water eh?

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to run my salinity at .024-.025 so it never goes above .026, I would try to get my water change water around .024ish.
Ph is usually a little lower once added to the tank or if it has a chance to sit for a while.
If it becomes something that is hard to keep up with, kalkwasser is your friend.
If just running fish it's not as important to keep the PH stable.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, one other question if you don’t mind! I’m using aqua forest salt. It uses grams as a measurement but I don’t have a scale. Do you know how many cups per gallon I should be using?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make your cycle testless like our forty page testless cycle thread:

Take a small pinch of fish food any kind, grind it into powder and add to the tank

Nothing else needs to be added

Wait ten days from today, do a big water change. You're cycled and can't fail to be cycled so testing with known misreading test kits won't apply (do a search on api reliability)

During the wait time be reading the stickies in the disease forum, that's what will kill fish not the cycle. Be ready to apply fallow and quarantine and biosecurity steps before you add fish.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back