Reviews on the MICROBACTER DRY ROCK BACTERIA STARTER KIT

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this this product? I believe it cycled my 75g in 4 days, and wanted to hear the reviews from others. Thanks!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All bacteria bottle products are basically the same thing, I prefer biospira.

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine it should work as I used seed by aquavitro with great results.

There was a you tube video by Billy pipes and Coralust reef solutions both said it worked and gotta say despite being VERY skeptical it worked as advertised. Glad I tried it and anytime I cycle a new tank I’m going this route from now on.

All these bacterial in a bottle seem to be changing the game and thinking on how to cycle faster

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine it should work as I used seed by aquavitro with great results.

There was a you tube video by Billy pipes and Coralust reef solutions both said it worked and gotta say despite being VERY skeptical it worked as advertised. Glad I tried it and anytime I cycle a new tank I’m going this route from now on.

All these bacterial in a bottle seem to be changing the game and thinking on how to cycle faster
Right?! I was shocked and for sure my first fish were going to die. But everyone is doing really well!

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All bacteria bottle products are basically the same thing, I prefer biospira.
I’ll have to look into that brand.. I like the Microbacter though, since it comes with a bottle for “cleanup” to prevent the ugliest. But I’ll get back to you in a few weeks as to how that actually works out for me lol Diatoms, GHA and Cyano are no joke :rolleyes:

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know as I heard good things about microbacter and was also thinking about using it for regular maintenance. Hope it works for you!

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know as I heard good things about microbacter and was also thinking about using it for regular maintenance. Hope it works for you!
Thanks! I have a build thread that I’ll most likely update. But I’ll be sure to also update here for you on how well the “clean-up” works. :)

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have a build thread that I’ll most likely update. But I’ll be sure to also update here for you on how well the “clean-up” works. :)
Hello! Just came back for an update. While using the Microbacter cleanup, I still got diatoms and I even have some GHA. I will admit that I did bring in some zoa frags with GHA from my old tank. So that may have been my fault. Still, this cycle has gone extremely fast and Im very impressed. I’m about to hit week 4 and I’m already dealing with a bacteria bloom. The first tank I cycled with a decaying shrimp, and it didn’t have a bacteria bloom until month 4 or 5. In addition, I’m also seeing green coralline algae start to sloowwlllyyy grow on my rock structure from a few pieces of LV from the old tank too.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Just came back for an update. While using the Microbacter cleanup, I still got diatoms and I even have some GHA. I will admit that I did bring in some zoa frags with GHA from my old tank. So that may have been my fault. Still, this cycle has gone extremely fast and Im very impressed. I’m about to hit week 4 and I’m already dealing with a bacteria bloom. The first tank I cycled with a decaying shrimp, and it didn’t have a bacteria bloom until month 4 or 5. In addition, I’m also seeing green coralline algae start to sloowwlllyyy grow on my rock structure from a few pieces of LV from the old tank too.

How much do you have in your tank now???

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fault could have been more specific. Livestock.
Oh man, lots of stuff.
Corals:
- Three hammers
- two torches
- Duncan
- a variety of zoas (10 more or less)
- a toadstool
- a variety of mushrooms (maybe 7?)
- 2 RFA && 1 mini maxi carpet (who I’m feeding like crazy when my melanarus clocks out for the day to make up for the lack of nutrients in a new tank)
- a few acans (about 4)
- 1 fungia coral
- 1 elegance coral
- 3 small SPS frags (1 birds nest, 1 stylo, 1 montipora digitata)

Fish:
- 2 lyretail anthias (1m, 1f; newest additions)
- 1 melanarus wrasse
- 1 azure damsel
- 1 lawnmower blenny
- 1 maroon clown

CUC:
- Baby Horseshoe crab (to be rehomed when larger)
- 1 Tiger Conch
- 3 or 4 snails
- 3 hermit crabs

If I’m not mistaken, that should be covering everything. In the future, I’d like to also add a yellow wrasse and a fire fish.

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, lots of stuff.
Corals:
- Three hammers
- two torches
- Duncan
- a variety of zoas (10 more or less)
- a toadstool
- a variety of mushrooms (maybe 7?)
- 2 RFA && 1 mini maxi carpet (who I’m feeding like crazy when my melanarus clocks out for the day to make up for the lack of nutrients in a new tank)
- a few acans (about 4)
- 1 fungia coral
- 1 elegance coral
- 3 small SPS frags (1 birds nest, 1 stylo, 1 montipora digitata)

Fish:
- 2 lyretail anthias (1m, 1f; newest additions)
- 1 melanarus wrasse
- 1 azure damsel
- 1 lawnmower blenny
- 1 maroon clown

CUC:
- Baby Horseshoe crab (to be rehomed when larger)
- 1 Tiger Conch
- 3 or 4 snails
- 3 hermit crabs

If I’m not mistaken, that should be covering everything. In the future, I’d like to also add a yellow wrasse and a fire fish.

And you said you started 4 months ago???

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOW ON EARTH is everything so stable?!?
Lol I was waiting for you to ask. Honestly? Just monitoring everything && I’ve been adding in more bacteria to keep up for the time being. If it means anything, I am currently dealing with a phytoplankton bloom. But other than that everything is okay. I was running UV and carbon for a bit. But I just took out the carbon, shut off the UV and am going to let it go away naturally. I know the cloudiness is affecting how much light my corals are getting so I slightly turned up the lighting where my LPS is and am keeping a close eye on everything. I’ll admit that ammonia did spike within the first week, so I added in a half dose of Seachem Prime + bacteria, then let the rest do it’s thing. But, I mean, it seems to be cycling normally and doing well. The bacteria bloom is unappealing but really nothing I can do.

OP
OP
AmaleeC

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updating this. UV light cleared everything up by day 4 of usage. The water remains a little hazy, hopefully it clears on it’s own. I did suffer some losses from the phytoplankton bloom. But that was kinda expected. Green coralline looking good, corals looking good, fish are happy, and I’ll never use anything but the Microbacter Kit to cycle from here on out! Tank was setup on March 27th, 2020 and today is May 2nd, 2020. Enjoy some pics under whites and blues!
32D96717-51C8-400F-860D-5FDE9C9270B0.jpeg

zoa garden + mushroom garden
D63A2D21-B64C-434F-873A-BFB379851B0B.jpeg

5528043A-015E-4C56-9EC1-BBB0A38C967A.jpeg

rock flower anemone island, acan garden, trachy, elegance coral and mini maxi nem’
AD28552A-A0DF-4752-AFE6-8D8385E9EFE3.jpeg
ED789BF8-D6A8-46F9-8CC5-90E8054D7F72.jpeg

Torch coral mountain, RBTA to the left, Duncan coral and hammer coral.
5FCE91B9-FE9C-473B-8F3A-1C596A5D01C7.jpeg

FTS: (2) lyretails, damsel, melanarus wrasse, maroon clownfish, + lawnmower blenny. CUC: tiger conch, 4 snails, 3 hermit crabs.

All in all: 5 stars for Microbacter! I didn’t have to deal with cyano or a GHA outbreak (the bits that are growing came in on the frags). With time that may change, but hopefully not. Highly recommend this product for anyone starting a tank. Best of luck and happy reefing! 38DB85E6-7452-4A9C-90C7-C2F348D55F1A.jpeg D19E637C-F6A4-49C6-B2A7-10AB2239B5BA.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back