Rfa handling

Birdman3611

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
51
Reaction score
17
Location
Newnan, Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone! I am getting my first ever rock flower anemone on Friday (3 to be exact). I know you should acclimate them the same as coral, but my question is can I handle these with my hands, or how should I actually be handling them?? A credit card or net??
 
hey everyone! I am getting my first ever rock flower anemone on Friday (3 to be exact). I know you should acclimate them the same as coral, but my question is can I handle these with my hands, or how should I actually be handling them?? A credit card or net??
I just pick em up, they’re really squishy. Nets can damage them so I just use my hands :) I’ve got 13
 
You can put one into a pvc end cap and they tend to stay inside. Otherwise, turn your flow off and place it at a base of a rock where it meets the sand.
 
They technically sting you, but the cells are so small that it just feels like they're sort of sticky around the tentacles. Completely safe to touch. If you were to rub one on the inside of your wrist, it might irritate your skin some, but I don't think you'd do that anyway.

They like to cram their foot into a crevice. PVC caps can be good, or just put them at the bottom of the rockwork, yeah. They usually adapt to light and flow and stay put, rather than moving around a lot.
 
I tell folks who are allergic to stings and etc to wear gloves to be safe. They do sting as others have stated but at a much smaller level than most folks can feel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new