RFA stuck!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slevin007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Slevin007

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
180
Reaction score
60
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1976.PNG
Hey all

Have a ton of these guys but recently 2 decided to suck themselves into a rock. Can I leave em or do I need to get em out and if so how?

Thanks
 
I'd they need out they will crawl back out, nems will do strange things sometimes. But when they're moving around as long as it isn't towards a flow pump or intake I'd leave them be.
 
Good points. As long as you all don't think it will hurt them at all I'll let them roam. I've just never seen them pull into a rock before.
 
It won't hurt them unless there's too much flow and it's beating the crap out of them on the rock. So I wouldn't suggest blasting them to try to get them off. I use a credit card to lift the edge of the foot and slowly work them off without tearing them. But yeah they should be fine as is.
 
If its in there it wants to be in there for some reason. Maybe its in the process of moving. RFA's move rather slow. I had one do this, only to find out it found a small tunnel and pushed its way through to the 0ther side of the rock. a day later, it was on the sand bed, i guess it thought that to be the quickest way down. They have a mind of their own, literally, and will go where they please.
 
Your right that's exactly what this one did. Found a tunnel and moved. LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new