RFA vs Bristle Worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Captain45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Captain45

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Messages
88
Reaction score
53
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work to one of my nems looking super ticked off. Appears it's covered in tons of bristles. I'm guessing it got into a scrub with a bristle worm?

Anyone know if they can self heal through an encounter of this sort?

20221117_153823.jpg

20221117_153816.jpg
 
They look like big bristles; what size is the nem?
Nem on a happy day is about 2 to 3 inches across. However I have 2 bristle worms that are about 6-8" in length
 
Well that's certainly a large bristleworm.. Not a fireworm right? Bristles just seem long to me but I'm no expert. Not exactly stating a fireworm is an issue either if you choose to have on in your tank...just being curious :)
 
Well that's certainly a large bristleworm.. Not a fireworm right? Bristles just seem long to me but I'm no expert. Not exactly stating a fireworm is an issue either if you choose to have on in your tank...just being curious :)
Haha yeah, they are big ones, these bristle worms would definitely be a boss fight if they were in a video game.

Here is one when the tank was young and still maturing

Lernie, Lord of the Bristle Worms
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new