Rhoads's 280 gallon Miracle

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
OOOOO very nice! Its actually a custom 22. The day I bought mine they had both and I liked the blue one better, the other was red. What are you into playing?

Here are my two other babies Left, Antonio Aparicio and right Lowden S35 in adirondack spruce and koa back
1608334153958.png

The wood on the back of the Lowden

1608334881883.png

And of course the prs
1608335192408.png
Those are some beautiful guitars!!

OP
Rhoads238

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Time for another update on my build! I have to say I'm extremely happy with how everything is coming out so far. This week I did more work on the fishroom. Starting with making sure that the qt systems were water tight. I had a small scare with the top left tank but I guess that the wet spot was just from splashing with the hose because it was dry the next day. I definitely recommend doing. this on cardboard because it makes it easy to see if there are any leaks.

The next step for them will be painting the back, two sides and bottom black. I think this will make for a nice look and also will hopefully stop the fish from seeing their own reflection and getting stressed.

1610202445845.png

For my RODI system, apex and various other electronics, I wanted to mount them on mdf board, It will be more secure than trying to mount them directly to the wall. To make it look a bit nice I decided to paint them black. I think they came out pretty good and should look good for a long time.

My wife puts up with alot...
1610202896893.png

Now that the paint has set, they are mounted on the walls. I haven't started setting up the RODI or apex yet because I don't have the appropriate size screws. Hopefully sometime this week I will have that stuff all mounted and ready to go.

I also received my lights for my QT system. I have to say i was thrilled to see everything lit up. Its really coming along! I think ill get some kind of rack or cabinet to put under the workbench for additional storage.
1610203096852.png

I also have my saltwater mixing station test fitted. I did it in white pvc to see how it looks. Theres some changes I want to make to it. Once i have everything the way I want it, I will be doing it in orange pvc. I'm tossing around the idea of getting one of those retractable hose reels for my python.

1610203468352.png

Last but not least my utility sink is finally setup! I'm really happy with how it came out. We put up plastex panels in the corner to protect the walls from splashing.

1610203645999.png

Thanks for viewing my build!

OP
Rhoads238

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Time for another update. I'm still waiting on the tank and stand so all the progress has been in the fish room. over the past week or so I have gotten a lot done.

First thing I did was mounted my rodi to the mdf board that I painted. I've also since installed an auto flush kit, pressure booster, and pressure switch to shut off the booster pump. I really like how it came out.

Next up I started mounting my electronics. My fishroom and display are controlled by the same apex system. The head unit will be in the fish room rather than with tank. I had a hard time deciding about this because if something was to ever happen to the wire that goes from the tank to the fishroom, i would prefer to have the head unit with the tank rather than the quarantine systems. I ended up going the other way round because the wifi signal was a lot stronger than where the tank is. Hopefully this decision pays off.
1610916334260.png

This is probably kind of a silly thing, but i'm proud of it. I made the power cord for my coral QT's ATO longer. The cord has to run around the room to get to the ato so I got some 14 gauge speaker wire, crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing. I've never done this sort of thing before, so I was really happy when the pump worked just fine.

1610916369254.png

Today I finally plumbed my water mixing station. I'm really happy with how it came out. I haven't leak tested it yet. I will probably do that in a day or so once the cement has cured. The build went pretty smoothly. For anyone who is building a mixing station, I can say it was helpful for me to do the plumbing in white pvc first, then do colored. I'm going to do the same when I plumb my tank. It should save some money. It was just all in all nice to do a rough draft, look at it for a week or so and then make the final build.

1610916381180.png

Next steps are hooking my rodi up to the house, leak testing the mixing station and then. if all that goes well, I'll be cycling my coral qt.

Thanks for viewing my build!

Last edited:
Maxout

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 61 15.9%
  • NO

Votes: 310 80.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration