Ricordia behavior

Arod0521

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a ricordia two days ago and it liked rolled up in a ball sorta is this common.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine close up very tight some nights but never had it happen during the day . or atleast not that i noticed.

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might have caught some food. That's usually what they do when they are eating. If it doesn't open back up shortly then you may have a problem. Ric's can be very tricky.

OP
OP
A

Arod0521

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause I have tried to get it to attach to something but it keeps moving even tried to a tupper wear jar and it just rolled off the rock and got in a half ball i guess you can call it

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like it is ticked cuz it's floating around. put some gravel in a cut off solo cup, put him in then rubber band some bridal veil over the top. gets them to attach to something about 90% of the time

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like it is ticked cuz it's floating around. put some gravel in a cut off solo cup, put him in then rubber band some bridal veil over the top. gets them to attach to something about 90% of the time

+1 on this one. The ric is ticked. Put some rubble in there so it will attach in a few days, then you can glue the rubble into another rock or place it somewhere, however you want to do it.

OP
OP
A

Arod0521

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you say gravel do you mean sand is a solo cup just a plastic cup?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good advice.....Rubble usually means small pebble like rocks or if you have crushed coral as your substrate, something a little more substantial then sand.....Yea a plastic cup I like to cut it down about half if you get the big cups this way thre will be a little bit of flow not enough to move it around but keep the water in the cup fresh.

OP
OP
A

Arod0521

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I wait and what if it doesnt even try to attach to anything

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will try to attach to something it has to it's natural behavior rics are sedentary they don't survive floating

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u let it float around the tank... it will eventually settle and attach. thats what they do in the wild i believe when they are unhappy.

to speed the attachment process up, put the ric in a dish of sand, where there is little flow (do i doesnt float away) and it will eventually attach to the sand. after that, you can glue the sand its attached to... to some rock. the ric will eventually outgrow its little sand base, and will encrust to the rock as well. is this confusing to you?

in short, put ric in sand. ric will attach to sand. glue sand base ric to rock. the end.

OP
OP
A

Arod0521

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i get it and i tried the tupper jar again and it looks like he is starting to attach onto the rock. One more question though dont know if i can say it in this section though. how can I tell if my zoas are happy or not?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back