Right grain size for yellow head gobies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ICoelho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ICoelho

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Norway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was considering adding a pair of yellow head gobies to my tank, but I'm unsure if my sand's grain size (2-3mm) is too large. These gobies are on the larger end (5''/12cm) and apparently will eat other stuff, so they don't rely exclusively on sifting sand for food, but if the sand is too coarse for them to be comfortable in the tank I'll prob go with a different species. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :)
 
i had fiji pink and special grade in my tank when i had my yellow headed jawfish. was perfectly fine. anything finer and it'll be dusty. make sure to have some small rubble, or shells by its burrow so i can have a "door" to open/close.
 
Last edited:
So, I was considering adding a pair of yellow head gobies to my tank, but I'm unsure if my sand's grain size (2-3mm) is too large. These gobies are on the larger end (5''/12cm) and apparently will eat other stuff, so they don't rely exclusively on sifting sand for food, but if the sand is too coarse for them to be comfortable in the tank I'll prob go with a different species. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :)
Fine sand which them is easier to sift and has less cutting edges for injury
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new