Ritteri Anemone flow okay?

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just got a Ritteri Anemome yesterday and so far he is doing well, clownfish have found it so hopefully that helps it acclimate quicker aswell. But my question does this flow look okay or is to much? The anemone doesn't seem to mind it but the clowns are getting blown a bit lol

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of wavemaker you got there ?? ur tank sounds like a washing machine ....

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of wavemaker you got there ?? ur tank sounds like a washing machine ....
Haha yeah it does I have a few different ones. But the sloshing comes from the jebao big 20000L/pH wave maker. Just my preference I like the up and down movement and don't really care much about the sound as the tanks in the kitchen and I don't notice it usually

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to knock your choice , but those kind of wavemakers that actually slosh the water back and forth always worried me... I feel you are stressing the tank and it's seams long term , especially if you do not have a rock solid stand... just my 2 cents...many have used them with no issues...

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to knock your choice , but those kind of wavemakers that actually slosh the water back and forth always worried me... I feel you are stressing the tank and it's seams long term , especially if you do not have a rock solid stand... just my 2 cents...many have used them with no issues...
Are you an engineer? Doesn’t seem like that type of stress would be overly concerning as it isn’t likely to significantly increase the maximum force experienced by the seams and it offsets with periods of reduced stress…..maybe if you were creating huge waves then the increase in force might matter, but these are pretty insignificant in size.

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries at all I appreciate the advice! The waves aren't overly big just enough to get things swaying it sounds loud but most of the sloshing noise is from water going down into the weir I need to increase height in there but waiting on a sea water delivery. My tank was overly engineered in my opinion by the guys who made it with massive euro bracing and the stand is pretty solid so should be okay but yeah I agree in other cases it could definitely cause stress over time depending on wave size ofcourse

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you an engineer?
Nope ...just been keeping aquariums for 47 yrs ...seen alot of tank failures .. I do "over-engineer" my own home aquariums when it comes to the stand construction and additional bracing to the tank itself ...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back