Ritteri anemone slightly deflated

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a riterri to my tank on Saturday. Did a long, slow drip acclimation (about 2 hours), and placed him at the highest point of my rockwork. The anemone was incredibly sticky, and attached firmly to the rock immediately after being placed in the tank. Night one, into early afternoon Sunday the anemone was fully inflated and looked normal. Since yesterday evening it has kinda shrunken / deflated to about half the size. The mouth has remained firmly closed / no gaping, and it has not moved from the original spot it was placed in at all. Is this normal for new anemones? I bought this one locally, but it was a long trip for me, so it was in the bag (in a cooler) for about 3-4 hours before acclimation. I have not tried to touch it again to test for stickiness because I don't want to disturb it further, but I can if that's worth checking.

Thanks for any tips or reassurance.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Magnifica does this from time to time as well. Seems to fully inflate later in the day from time to time. So long as the mouth is tight and it doesn't look distressed, I'd just keep an eye on it.

MoparMike97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, most newly added anemones will look funky for a few days while settling in. No reason to concern yourself unless it begins to display obvious signs of illness (fully deflating, for extended periods of time, inflate/deflate cycles, gaping mouth, etc.). Good luck with it!

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
increase flow ..seems to help them purge and get settled in.

Back