River shrimp fish food?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
4,660
Reaction score
5,761
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any experience with these whole dried river shrimp? They were given to me but I've never heard of them. Are they any good for saltwater fish? My fish dont seem very interested but if they're healthy I'll feed them to my giant hermit crab and maybe blend some up in my next batch of fish food.
20200428_154437.jpg
 
The challenge I have always had with freeze dried foods is getting anything to actually eat them.

I feed live, along with the highest quality frozen/flake/pellet foods I can get my hands on. I have never been able to get a fish of any kind in my care to eat freeze dried anything...
 
Ya the reviews on Amazon don't look great. I would never buy a freeze dried product, but these were free so I'll put them to use. I usually blend up and freeze fresh seafood. My crab did eat one just fine yesterday!
 
Sounds like a good plan. Hiding them in something more palatable is probably your best bet...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new