RO/DI 1/4 tubing connection to float

vessxpress1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I’ve used one of these before. My dad installed the last one so I wasn’t sure how these are supposed to go. I know this is a really stupid question. But I just flipped on my RO/DI and it leaks out the back fittings. I didn’t like my chances for this actually sealing when I installed it and it of course leaks. Should these just work fine or do I have it in wrong? Are there fittings you can buy at a hardware store that would work better than these plastic rings? It’s just a plastic cap that fits over the tubing and then a plastic lock ring thats supposed to tighten down. I don’t get how this is supposed to work. It has to allow flow to the tank but it’s supposed to stop flow once the float rises. I understand the float blocking the flow but on the back on the outside of the storage tank, these fittings just suck.

6D5626CD-7AC8-42ED-BA28-095D8C9C7B74.jpeg

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a compression fitting. Put the nut on the tubing. Then the ferrule ring on. A piece of plastic is pushed inside the tubing to keep it from collapsing. Shove the tubing into the float valve nipple as far as it will go. Then tighten the nut onto the nipple.

Capture.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back