RO/DI ebay

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have seen alot of post in the past on this but which one is the best bang for the buck.I have free ro/di water from the city but I am tired of packing 5 gallon jugs every few days.Does anyone have one from ebay? Some of the prices are just way to low and it beats any price I have seen.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,

Even if you don't go with this company I would still suggest you call them up and talk to the owner about your specific needs.

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/

Great guy who helped me redo my Ebay system to something a little less bulky. Don't forget to buy a TDS meter.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aqua-safe system one off ebay works great for the price, I bought the pump so it dont take me all day to make a 100 gallons of water. I like it

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought Randy, is depending on your incoming TDS reading from your source water, you may can just do RO and not spend the cash on DI. I'm making the switch now as we speak. Our incoming tap is 150ppm TDS, with real world 96% rejection membranes, I have 6ppm after the membrane. That 6 just isn't worth the cost to remove it in my eye.....especially for production tanks. Just my opinion. Peace!

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ficklefins i looked at buckeye and they have a good reputation. They are my back up plan if the ebay ones don't pan out.

msman825 how hard is it to get replacement filters?Are they the standard size that you can pick up at any local water store.

bryan Last time I checked my local tap water was in the 300's I think I need all the help I can get.

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess a good question would be how many stages do you guys have?What is your tds out of the tap and what unit do you use.I don't want to get one and have to upgrade like ficklefins right out of the box.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have two prefilters (carbon block and sediment) then the ro membrane, and two di chambers. as long as the prefilters are clean my tds coming out of the ro is 1, after the first di it's 0. when the first di gets used up i swap a new one in and move the second one into first position. i don't know what tds my tap is.

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, check with your water company, find out if they constantly add cloramines or if only at certain times of the year.

They are the biggest killer of membranes bar none. So, you would ideally want sediment, carbon, carbon, RO, DI (5stage)

If you find out they never add, or only once a year, chloramines, you can get away with a 4 stage...only 1 carbon.

Being as this is part of your livelihood, I wouldn't skimp, go with SpectraPure, Filterguys, or Buckeye. A few years back, I would have recommended AWI, but knowing the owner as I do, I simply can't recommend them any longer.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my next system is going to be a dual membrane system

i would suggest prefilter 2 carbon 75 gal or less membrane and a verticle DI

i use a kent hi-s and a purelyh20 unit

i have owned a spectrapure in the past and everything they sell is very pricey

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kold Ster-il uits I've see in the past did't remove much, if any TDS. They did remove a bunch of other things...iron etc. And I recall they didn't need many stages replaced as often. However, I don't think they can touch RO and RO/DI as far as gettig you into the 0-9ppm TDS range. It's all those unknowns slowly buildig over time that worries me with anything but.

Buckeye Field Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend you don't focus on the number of stages - rather think about what's in the stages. You can go buy systems now on the auction web site that have lots of stages - unfortunately they may not be configured correctly or they may be in the wrong order. If you are going to go the auction site route just be careful to educate yourself first so you know what you're getting, and what you're not getting.

Russ @ BFS

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to CZ Russ! PM sent!

Oh your allowed to say ebay here... :D

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Russ! I have talked to Russ several times about filtration systems. he gave me some great advice on the difference between their systems and the ebay ones(which i already have). Give him a call. He'll give you the scoop. When I exhaust the ro membrane on this one i am gonna give him a call for one of their units.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe Russ will want to sponsor CZ!!!! :D

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back