RO/DI Flush

  • Thread starter Thread starter zbrusko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zbrusko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2023
Messages
468
Reaction score
255
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m having trouble finding an answer to this online. Perhaps because it is a dumb question. I have a BRS 5-stage RO/DI unit with their manual flush valve. When I use this, what’s happening? I realize it is “flushing” the RO units (I run 2 in series), but what is happening with my waste water & good product water? Product water is still being produced. Should I be diverting this as waste while flushing?

Thanks!
 
All the flush does is bypass the restriction in the waste line. It should cause your system to produce a lot of waste water while the flush valve is open.
 
All the flush does is bypass the restriction in the waste line. It should cause your system to produce a lot of waste water while the flush valve is open.
So that just means less, but still viable, product water?
 
So that just means less, but still viable, product water?
Yes. I would normally expect the product water to reduce or even stop when the flush valve is open, but any water that makes it through the membranes should still be fine to use.
 
Yes. I would normally expect the product water to reduce or even stop when the flush valve is open, but any water that makes it through the membranes should still be fine to use.
Great, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new